Online Writing Consultation
Only for dedicated writers…
What is an online consultation?
Online consultations are like face-to-face consultations but over your computer.
To schedule an online appointment with me, your Writing Consultant, simply fill out the form at the end of this page or shoot me an email at email@example.com
For Writing Consultations I use a variety of chat platforms, including Skype, Zoom, Google Meet and, the most basic, WhatsApp Video Call.
Make sure that you set up your video and audio connections before your session.
The writing consultations are divided into 3 categories according to what they offer.
- Discussion Consultation
- Feedback Consultation
- Lecture Consultation
What do these consultations entail?
In Discussion Consultation, I am willing to help you at any stage of the writing process from an outline to the final draft. I can work with you on clarity and coherence, discuss the development of your argument and conflict (central as well as internal character conflict), and offer strategies to strengthen your structure or express your voice. I can also help you with your paragraph and sentence structure and work with you to improve your grammar. Discussion Consultations are 1-hour sessions in which you can discuss anything you want.
In Feedback Consultation, you can request detailed feedback on your write-ups (up to 10,000 words.) These sessions would depend on the number of words:
- For write-ups of more than 5,000 words, you’d have to book an appointment for an hour. If the write-up is complex, the session might extend by 30-minutes, depending on whether you want o to continue with the additional 30 minutes or not.
- For write-ups up in the range of 2,500-5,000 words, you may choose between a 30-minute or an hour-long session depending on your needs.
- For write-ups up to 2,500 words, you’d have to book a 30-minute session.
In Lecture Consultation, you can learn any one topic of your choice. I will be teaching you as much as I can in that one-hour session. Some topics can be finished in one hour (such as Point Of Views, Settings, Characterisation, etc.) but certain elaborate topics may require more than one session to finish (such as Story Plot, Plot Structures, Dialogues, etc.)
How to prepare for the consultation session?
- Send the details in advance – the name of the topic for a tuition session, your write-up for the feedback session and details about your project for the discussion session.
- Confirm the medium or platform for consultation in advance (Skype is my preferred mode.)
- Pay for the consultation once your appointment is confirmed.
- Set up your computer/laptop in advance (or phone, though it would be very hard for you to hold onto your phone for an hour.) Make sure that the internet connection is good.
- Keep in touch throughout the process through WhatsApp or email.
Please note: All the consultations are strictly confidential and the information discussed/revealed or taught in these sessions will remain private.
Appointments and Timings
Discussion Writing Consultation
Appointment for this needs to be booked 3 days in advance.
Feedback Writing Consultation
Appointment for this needs to be booked 2 weeks after the submission of the write-up
Lecture Writing Consultation
Appointment for this needs to be booked 1 week in advance
- Add-on session would cost you ₹500 per half an hour.
- Add-on session would cost you ₹500 per half an hour
To book an appointment, WhatsApp me (+91) 787-549-4400 or use the form below: