WOW #49 – Word Of The Week
WOW – Word Of The Week is a weekly feature that I came up with in the year 2015 in order to learn new words and their meaning in the English language and improve my vocabulary.
If you wish to participate and post about WOW then, by all means, feel free to do so. A link-back to this blog post would be most appreciated and also it would help me in knowing that you’ve posted your work.
WOW #48 – Word Of The Week
/ˈhəːsjuːt/ | hir·sute
Part Of Speech:
Hirsutism and hirsuties, synonymous nouns naming a medical condition involving excessive hair growth; hirsutal, an adjective meaning “of or relating to hair”; and hirsutulous, a mostly botanical term meaning “slightly hairy” (as in hirsutulous stems).
- covered with coarse stiff hairs
early 17th century: from Latin hirsutus.
Mostly used with a humorous undertone.
Use In Sentences:
- The hirsute teenager was warned that he would be expelled from school if he did not take a haircut and pay attention to his grooming.
- Nitin always wears a t-shirt to the pool so that others won’t laugh at his hirsute chest.
- Reena is a hirsute woman and whenever she is around we try not to notice her moustache.
- The balding man visited the salon for a hirsute makeover.
I hope you guys like this word and hope it’s useful to you in some or the other way! If you want to check out more words like this, then visit my page: