So while promoting my other class – Fiction Writing Masterclass, several new writers requested me to teach something for the beginners. So here is what I have prepared: Fiction Writing For Beginners.
If you are new to writing or have no clue how to get started in writing, then this class is for you.
If you feel intimidated by the blank page and suffer from shyness to write then this class is for you.
If you’ve never written before but have always wondered about writing then this class is for you.
If you love reading books and have, somewhere in your heart, wanted to write someday, then this class is for you.
Fiction Writing For Beginners
Fiction Writing For Beginners is a 2-hour long workshop on learning writing as a beginner. The workshop is on the 15th of July 2020 (Saturday) from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm (as per the batch you’ve selected.)
It will be conducted by author Heena Rathore Pardeshi – an award-winning author and a literary critic and editor.
The workshop would be followed by an hour of doubt-clearing and writing discussions for all the participating students who want to talk to the author and discuss their writing with her. You can also ask her about the market, her own books and journey!
The topics that I’m planning to cover in this workshop are:
- Introduction to Fiction Writing
- Discovering what kind of writer you are and working accordingly on your writing
- Creating and maintaining an Idea Journal
- Different Forms of Fiction Writing
- Literary Devices and their uses in Fiction Writing
- Elements of Fiction Writing
- Important and necessary terminologies used in Fiction Writing
- How to start writing fiction – starting slow and then building up
- Creating and developing a writing ritual
- Starting a daily writing habit
- Prompt-Writing and utilising it to write consistently
- Understanding and defeating the writer’s block
- Ways to improve your writing
- Fiction Writing exercises
- Fiction Writing Prompts – some handy prompts to get you started
There are going to be two batches as I do not like to over-crowd by workshops:
- Batch-1: 15th August 2020 – Morning 11:00 am to afternoon 01:00 pm
- Batch-2: 16th August 2020 – Evening 05:00 pm to 07:00 pm
While enrolling you can choose any batch of your choice that suits you (as per your convenience.)
The fees for this workshop is: Rs.1000
Once you pay the fees and your enrolment for this workshop would be confirmed and you will be added to the Fiction Writing For Beginners (FWB) WhatsApp group and will receive some reading materials along with some writing exercises to do until the day of the workshop. The main workshop notes would be emailed to you on 10th August.
So the sooner you enrol the more advantages you will receive.
Once you make the payment,
Please make sure that the details you give are accurate otherwise it gets very difficult for me to track you down in order to contact you.