Hello, writers, and welcome to the new class/lecture that I have planned for July 2020.
If you want to skip the details and register right away, please scroll down to the end of this post.
After having conducted Introduction To The Basics Of Creative Writing and Introduction To Novel Writing webinars of 2 hours each, I realised that the attendees needed more knowledge of techniques in order to be able to start their novels on the right foot and end them within a specific time (plus-minus a couple of months.) Therefore, I cut down right to the centre fo the heart and came up with a specifically designed class for writing a fiction story from start to end.
I am a published writer, a professional literary critic and editor. Writing is like breathing to me, only more important. And it gives me tremendous pleasure and a sense of satisfaction to be able to pass on the knowledge I have acquired and garnered in the last 7 years of my writing career. I am a self-taught writer and I have worked very hard to be where I am today and thus, I take writing very seriously.
As a tutor, I’d prefer teaching 2 students who are equally serious about writing rather than have 100’s of wannabe writers who are not willing to put in the time or the effort in learning their craft. Therefore, this class would be a paid class. When I do free webinars, many people flock to watch them, but because of the hard work I have put in to prepare this Masterclass and its materials, therefore, for this particular Masterclass, I am interested in only the serious participants. It doesn’t mean that you have to be good at writing, no. It simply means that you should be serious about learning to write.
So here I present the Masterclass that will cover everything a writer needs to know in order to start and finish a fiction full-length novel.
What is so special about this Masterclass?
- It covers topics that other “writing classes or specialists” never talk about. Mostly, in my opinion, because they don’t write that much themselves
- It is cheaper than any other writing class in the industry especially considering the variety of the topics and the scope of the class
- Interactive lecture, where you can ask questions right after we finish discussing a topic
- Lifelong support. Reach out to the instructor, me, at any time through my social media platforms and I’ll be happy to answer your query
- Special discounts if you later decide to avail any of my writing services – manuscript critique, editing or proofreading. Or any of the publishing packages with Citrus Publishers
- Certificate of completion from Citrus Publishers
- Complete course notes along with assignments and exercises
- Free evaluation of the assignments after the class for up to a month
What will be taught in this Writing Masterclass?
In one sentence: How to write your fiction story from start to finish.
And to break it down, the following will be covered in this class:
- How to brainstorm and finalise the idea for your novel
- How to identify and build the theme of your story
- How to write the first full draft of your book
- How to not fall in the trap of editing while working on your first draft
- How to plot your novel according to your story’s genre
- How to execute the elements of style in your narration and make it stand out
- How to begin and end the scenes in your novel
- How to breakdown your novel into chapters
- How to create realistic and complex characters that readers can relate to and connect with
- How to write captivating dialogues and the techniques related to them
- How to deal with the problematic middle 75% of your story
- How to build the pacing and tension according to the genre and theme of your novel to keep the readers hooked throughout your story
- How to Identify the plot-holes and work on them
- Tackling one of the most notorious and infamous topics in the history of writing – Show Vs Tell
- Understanding the difference between the “climax” and the “ending”
- Learning to tie the loose ends of your story in the last 10% of your story – The Resolution
- And most importantly, how to finish your novel
Details Of Writing Masterclass:
Date: 25th July 2020
Time: 11am – 2:30 pm There will be half an hour break in between so there will be two parts:
- Section A: 11:00 am to 12:30 pm
- Section B: 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm
- Break: 12:30-1:00 pm
Instructor: Heena Rathore-Pardeshi
Platform: Google Meet
Fees: ₹2,000 per person for Indian nationals and $27 for non-Indians.
Capacity: 15 students
Note: If the total registrations will be more than 15 numbers then I will divide the class into two or three batches (depending upon how many people register) and will inform you all accordingly.
Though, the places would be given on first-come-first-serve basis.
Mode of Payment:
After you register, you will be sent the payment details. Payments can be made by Google Pay, Paypal or Direct Bank Transfer.
Once you make the payment, your seat would be booked. You’ll be sent a serial number, that would be your Registration Number for the class.
On the day of the Masterclass, you will be emailed the link to the meeting and the Meeting Code. You can enter the code at the relevant box on the link provided and will be able to attend the Masterclass.
What would you need for the Writing Masterclass?
You will need following for the class:
- Laptop, computer, tablet or smartphone – anything would do.
- If you are using a smartphone, then don’t forget to download the Google Meet app
- A good WiFi or mobile data or internet connection
- A notebook and pen to take down notes.
What will you receive in this Masterclass?
- 3 hours of interactive lecture on writing your fiction novel
- In-depth notes on the lecture (on all topics)
- Writing assignment and some exercises to defeat writer’s block
- Course completion certificate awarded by Citrus Publishers (in printable PDF format)
Please make sure to check the email address before submitting the form otherwise I won’t be able to contact you.