Fiction Writing Masterclass
Hello, writers, and welcome to my Class of July 2020.
If you want to skip the details and register right away, please scroll down to the end of this post.
After having conducted Introduction To The Basics Of Creative Writing and Introduction To Novel Writing Webinars of 2+ hours each, I realised that writers needed more knowledge of techniques in order to be able to start their novels on the right foot and end them within a specific time (plus-minus a couple of months.) Therefore, I cut down right to the centre of the heart of it and came up with a specifically designed class for writing a fiction story from start to end.
About Fiction Writing Masterclass:
Fiction Writing Masterclass is a 4-hour long online workshop on writing a book. The workshop is on the 25th of July 2020 (Saturday) from 11:00 am to 3:30 pm and also on 26th July (Sunday) from 4:00 pm to 8:30 pm (there would be a half an hour break in between.)
It will be conducted by me, author Heena Rathore Pardeshi – an award-winning author and a literary critic and editor. You can read more about me here.
The workshop would be followed by an hour of doubt-clearing and writing discussions for all the participating students who want to talk to me and discuss their writings or book(s) with me. I’d be happy to answer any questions about the market, my own books and my writing journey.
The session would be followed up by another session of an hour for clearing more doubts – the day for it would be decided mutually by the participating students in the workshop according to everyone’s convenience.
Please Note: Because of heavy demand, and upon request of some students, this workshop will also be conducted on 26th July (Sunday) evening from 5:00 to 8:30 pm. So if Saturday doesn’t work for you, you can attend the Sunday workshop instead. They are both the same workshop.
Syllabus for Fiction Writing Masterclass:
- Brainstorming a book idea and solidifying it with mind-mapping
- The 10 Literary themes and how to choose the right one for your story
- How to write the first full draft of your book
- Basic elements of story writing
- Plotting – The 10 most-important plot-structures and selecting one for your book
- Characterisation – Character arcs, inner conflicts, profiling, importance of backstory & using objects (literally and figuratively)
- Exploring narration, point-of-views and different styles of writing
- How to write scenes – the correct execution of scenes
- How to write chapters effectively and dividing your book into chapters How to begin and end the scenes in your novel
- How to write dialogues – The 10 golden dialogue writing rules to perfect techniques, style and formatting
- How to deal with the problematic middle 75% of your story – Pacing & Tension
- What is Show & Tell concept, how to save your book from it and how not to get carried away in doing so
- Understanding Climax, Resolution & Ending – the difference and their elements
- How to self-revise and self-edit your drafts – a quick guide and a checklist.
- How to finish your novel
So here I present the Masterclass that will cover everything a writer needs to know in order to start and finish a full-length fiction novel.
What is so special about this Masterclass?
- It covers topics that other “writing classes or specialists” never talk about. Mostly, in my opinion, because they don’t write that much themselves
- It is cheaper than any other writing class in the industry especially considering the variety of the topics and the scope of the class
- Interactive lecture, where you can ask questions right after we finish discussing a topic
- Lifelong support. Reach out to the instructor, me, at any time through my social media platforms and I’ll be happy to answer your query
- Special discounts if you later decide to avail any of my writing services – manuscript critique, editing or proofreading. Or any of the publishing packages with Citrus Publishers
- Certificate of completion from Citrus Publishers
- Complete course notes along with assignments and exercises
- Free evaluation of the assignments after the class for up to a month
Details Of Fiction Writing Masterclass:
- Batch-1: 25th July 2020 – 11:00 am to 2:20 pm
- Batch-2: 25th July 2020 – 04:00 am to 08:30 pm
Platform for the workshop: Google Meet
Fees for the workshop: ₹2,000 per person for Indian nationals and $27 for non-Indians (please email me for bulk bookings and discounts.)
Capacity: 10 students per batch
Once you make the payment, you’ll be sent the payment acknowledgement within 24 hrs.
Upon enrolment, you will be added to my Fiction Writing Masterclass WhatsApp group and will receive some reading materials and some writing exercises to do until the day of the workshop.
The main workshop notes would be emailed to you on 20th July (for both batches.)
What would you need for the Fiction Writing Masterclass?
You will need following for the class:
- Laptop, computer, tablet or smartphone – anything would do.
- If you are using a smartphone, then don’t forget to download the Google Meet app
- A good WiFi or mobile data or internet connection
- Printout of the notes that I will be sending you
- A notebook and pen to take down notes
What will you receive in the Fiction Writing Masterclass?
- 3 hours of interactive lecture on writing your fiction novel
- In-depth notes on the lecture (on all topics)
- Bonus material to help in your writing on the WhatsApp group
- Writing assignment and some exercises to defeat writer’s block
- Course completion certificate awarded by Citrus Publishers (in printable PDF format)
- Being a part of my Writing Pack – that is staying connected to me and other students through the WhatsApp Writing Group for life!
Please make sure to check the email address and the phone number before submitting the form otherwise I won’t be able to contact you.