Hello, dear readers. I missed March Monthly Updates post but didn’t want to miss April as well, therefore, I thought that even though I am a bit late I’ll go ahead and do a quick update post.
- I participated in Camp NaNo with a target of 30K words, but all I managed to write were 20K words. Though I did manage to revise a couple of thousand words, around 8K so overall I’m still happy with my progress.
- I am working on 3 books simultaneously so at times it gets hard to track the progress individually, though I’m making steady progress with 2 of the 3 works and the 3rd one is coming along slowly as it is in its early stages.
- Lost Man’s Lane (Miss Butterworth #2, Mr Gryce #by Anna Katherine Green – 5/5
- Kill Code by Clive Fleury – 4/5
- We Call It Monster by Lachlan Walter – 4/5
- Aristophania (The Kingdom of Azur #1) by Xavier Dorison – 3/5
- The Magicians: Alice’s Story by Lilah Sturges – 1/5 – DNF
- Hotel Dare by Terry Blass – 4/5
- A Promise Of Return by Rebecca Crunden – 4/5
- A Dance Of Lies by Rebecca Crunden – 4/5
- Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Tehereh Mafi – 3/5
- The Circular Study (Miss Butterworth #3, Mr Gryce #10) – 4/5
Out of these Lost Man’s Lane and The Circular Studies were free audiobooks from Librivox and Shatter Me was a paperback. Rest of them were all ebooks.
- I joined the swimming classes. I bunked a lot but still, now I know how to float and release bubbles. I will be taking a break this month from swimming as the chlorine is affecting my sinuses and I am getting one-sided headaches again. But I will be resuming in June.
- I joined Multifit right at the end of the month and began functional training. It is exhausting, to say the least, but totally worth it!
- In new releases, I watched Avengers: Endgame, The Curse Of The Weeping Woman and Pet Sematary.
- In old movies, I re-watched Wall-E (twice in April cause I love, love, love that movie), The Magnificient Seven (the old one), Apollo 13, KGF, and a couple more that I am forgetting now.
- On Netflix, I watched Black Mirror S1 & S4 and started watching Hemlock Grove.
- And obviously, I watched all the episodes of Game Of Thrones S8 on HotStar. I feel that the makers have totally ruined the characters and the plot that GRRM worked so hard to create. TV series can never do justice tot he books, still, the show was going pretty good till S6, but from S7, essentially the part where the show left the books behind, everything feels rushed and incomplete and… off. GRRM anyway hasn’t given away the original ending so the books are anyway not spoiled. Now I’m eagerly waiting for the TV series to be over and the books to come out soon!!
- I created my IGTV Channel! You can follow it through my IG profile: @CrazyCatWriter.
- And here is my first video as posted on YouTube:
- And here is the second one:
That’s about all I can remember from April (it’s been almost half a month since April ended so it’s hard to remember), but I’m sure I covered all the main things I did. I hope you all had a fabulous April as well. May is getting hotter in India, and hopefully this year the rains will come sooner than usual. Do share about how your Camp Nano went and what you’ve been up to last month.
Thanks for reading!