Month End Updates: June’16
Hello, all my lovely readers and friends 🙂
This month has been one hell of a rollercoaster ride. I wrote like a maniac for some days, but some days I had to struggle to get even a single word out. I managed to read a few books while doing JuNoWriMo and in my off days I watched a lot of movies and a few series.
My month in:
- I’m very near to completing the first draft of Sinister Town. This book is proving harder than the first one mostly because the characters have grown really, really close to me. I don’t know how to put it into words, but it’s just that I can’t seem to move forward knowing how things are going to end for them. So, I’m struggling a little, but another 10 or 15 days and I’ll be done with the first draft.
Another reason for my slow progress might be the fact that I’m writing a better FD than last time, as in a lot of details are going into this one. I’m making it a bit bigger than the last time as I’ve learned a few things about first drafts from SK’s On Writing.
- Towards the end of the month (after a lot of brainstorming and hair-pulling) I’ve created a new schedule in which I am online only for an hour or hour and a half every alternate day, and that too only when it’s absolutely necessary. It has helped me by increasing my productivity and giving me enough time to not only read novels but also books on writing and grammar helping me sharpen my skills. 🙂 I’ll share more about it in my next post.
Here’s my Fb post on 10 Minute Novelists about it:
- Also, I’ve completed my word count for JuNoWriMo 2016 (30,000 words.)
- Chakana by W.E. Lawrence – 4/5
- In The Blood by R.L. Martinez – 5/5
- Ghostbusters: Who Ya Gonna Call? by – 3/5
- The Birth Of An American Gigolo by Deek Rhew – 3/5
- Captcha Thief by Rosie Claverton –
- On Writing by Stephen King –
The Reading Bud – Fiction Book Reviews:
- Episode #01 – Book Review of Justice For Jessica
- Episode #02 – Book Review of The Cogsmith’s Daughter
- Episode #03 – Book Review of The Killing Forest
Fiction Writing With Author Heena:
- Episode #01 – Introduction
- I received the first designs from the cover designer, but they needed revisions, so he’s presently working on them again.
- We’ve finalized the proofreader as well, so all I have to do now is wait for the edits.
- The Conjuring: The Enfield Poltergeist – 4/5 [It was AWESOME, except for the ending which was full of loose ends.]
- Warcraft – 2/5 [I had no clue WTF was happening the entire time. The odd casting made it all the more torturing 😦 ]
- Finding Dory – 4/5 – Beautiful is the word for this movie.
- Now You See Me 2 – 4/5 – Good but not as good as the first one.
- Independence Day 2 – 3.5/5 – Meh storyline and acting but superb graphics.
- John Wick
- Despicable Me 1
- Fast And The Furious 7
- Ka & Ki
- Khadus Sala
- Blast From The Past
- 20 Days Of Night
- Hobbit: Battle Of The Five Armies.
- The most liked pic on my Ig this month:
- The most liked pic on TRB’s Ig this month:
Thanks a lot for following me on Ig! If you haven’t followed me yet, then visit my profile (see below for link,) but please remember I follow-back only book related accounts and, authors and friends, of course. Just make sure that we’ve interacted here once before you follow me 🙂
Check out all my pics on my Instagram.
- Watched the 4th season of Bates Motel and was really affected by the brilliant portrayal of Norma’s death. I feel so bloody bad for Norman that words simply can’t explain.
- Watched the season finale of Game Of Thrones, and yeah, even that had an effect on me. I was exhilarated because all things are looking bright for the Stark children.
- I started watching a new series, Grimm. It’s nice and totally my types so I’m sure I’ll look forward to Thursday nights now. (I really needed something fresh after GOT’s finale to look forward to and I think this is it.)
- I decided to keep off the internet for 90% of the day and that’s working out beautifully (that’s the reason why I’m posting this so late.)
- I started a new sketch, but I won’t share the pic just yet as right now it looks a little off, I’ll share it’s pic once I fill in afew details and textures.
This month has been a lot of fun, but there were a few days where I felt completely off. Reason? God only knows. I’m starting to get back mood-swings which is not good as I know it means that getting anxious about something. Maybe my book’s release? Yeah, I guess that’s one of the major factors, but other than that I have a lot going on in my life right now that I hate talking about, so I’ll just leave it at that. I just hope that i get back to my normal mood soon and get over this period ASAP.
What about you? How was your month? What all books did you read in April? Did you participate in Camp NaNo?
Please share about your month in the comments section below. I’m all EARS
If you want to know more about me then follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (links below) as I’m always posting on these three social networks. And yes, I love interacting there as well.
Here are my links:
Have a great day guys!