Hello, all my lovely readers and friends 🙂
This month has been the most important one so far this year, yet it was also a lot fun. Read on to get to know about THE BIG NEWS!!!
My month in:
- I worked with my editor on the first round of edits for the first chapter of Deceived (which is about 5K out of the planned 85K words.)
- I tweaked Sinister Town a bit, but I started having weird nightmares after writing a few scenes (horror to be exact) so I left it. I’ll resume working on it from June 1 for #JuNoWriMo.
- Coinman by Pawan Mishra – 4/5
- Justice For Jessica – 5/5
- On Writing by Stephen King – 5/5
- The Cogsmith’s Daughter – 5/5
- The Killing Forest by Sarah Blaedel – 4/5
I’m planning on reading more next month in order to finish off all the review requests I have pending as I’ll be busy in the months of July, August and May with my book’s release and campaigns.
PODCASTS– [This is the big news!]
- For now, I’ll be podcasting Book Reviews but after a month or so I’ll start podcasting about writing as well.
- I made my first dummy podcast but as it turns out I really need to work on making my tone more friendly. My voice sounds like an old RJ who’s reading from notes. Lol. So, I’m still working on it. [BTW, I’m a PODCASTER now!!!]
- My brother made a small rap (song) for The Reading Bud for my podcasts. [He’s just 15 and is awesomely talented! He wants to be a rapper when he grows up.]
- I prepared the basic intro and outro scripts for the above said podcast and also recorded various reviews for practicing. After spending the entire month on this, I’ve finalized the background music, the first review, and the additional pieces of music. Most probably my first podcast will go live in the first week of June. I’ll surely share the links 😀
- I received my first set of visiting/business cards (as an author.) My publisher was kind enough to get 200 done for me.
- I met the cover designer of my book, who turned out to be an acquaintance, and had a blast deciding the details about the whole designing process. He’ll be sending me the first designs in a week or so. *I’m totally going crazy with all the excitement!
- Presently, I’m brainstorming ideas about the teaser campaigns and book launch preps with my publicist, Emily.
- I’m also working with her on figuring out the list of book reviewers whom I know.
- Batman Vs Superman
- Captain America: The Civil War
- X-Men: Apocalypse – It is the worst movie I’ve even seen in my life 😦 God knows why they made it in the first place -_-
- The Lake House [This movie totally blew me away! Really cute and impressive movie.]
- Dil Dhadakne Do [Entertaining as ever.]
- Mad Max: Fury Road
- The Avengers
- 300: Rise Of An Empire
- Catch Me If You Can
- I’ve been MIA at Instagram (both personal and TRB’s) as I’ve been really busy with the above said things.
- The most liked pic on my Ig this month:
- The most liked pic on TRB’s Ig this month:
Thanks a lot for following me on Ig! If you haven’t followed me yet, then visit my profile (see below for link,) but please remember I follow-back only book related accounts and, authors and friends, of course. Just make sure that we’ve interacted here once before you follow me 🙂
Check out all my pics on my Instagram.
- I watched all the 6 episodes of Game Of Thrones Season 6 and, so far, I’ve chewed off all my nails! The things are getting a little predictable, but when you have GRRM who knows what’s waiting for you around the corner, right!?
- I was so busy with all the family visits and work related stuff that I wasn’t able to go to the hospital for my CT scans. I’ll get it done in June. I swear O:)
- My brother and mother visited us and stayed for 8 days. We had one hell of a time playing cards (Rummy) and eating yummy treats!
- My brother even got me something that I’ve been looking for for quite some time now – Khas Syrus – for making sharbat. He’s such a thoughtful lad and his caring nature always amazes me. He’s simply adorable!
- I attended a cooking class (more like a workshop) on cooking authentic Hyderabadi cuisine (Muslim style cooking) and I learned some of the most amazing dishes such as Mutton Dum Biryani, Dum Pukht, Sheer Khurma, Khubani Ka Meetha, Chicken Korma, Pathar Ke Kebab, Mirchi Ka Salan and Dum Kheema, etc.. See pic below:
See as I said, this month has been a really important one and also really productive. I hope that I can get a few blog posts, reviews and some writing done in the next month as I’m really lagging behind [not to forget about catching up with all of your’s blog posts!]
What about you? How was your month? What all books did you read in April? Did you participate in Camp NaNo?
Please share about your month in the comments section below. I’m all EARS
If you want to know more about me then follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (links below) as I’m always posting on these three social networks. And yes, I love interacting there as well.
Here are my links:
Have a great day guys!