Word Of the Week (WOW) is a weekly prompt created by Heena Rathore P. (me.)
It’s a fun way to improve one’s vocabulary by learning new words every week.
If you want to participate then simply do a post with your WORD and leave the link to your post as a comment on one of my WOW post.
Here’s this week’s WOW:
Part Of Speech:
- Comparative adjective: nimbler
- Superlative adjective: nimblest
- Quick and light in movement or action; agile.
- Able to think and understand quickly.
- Agile, lithe, sprightly, light, spry, quick.
- Observant, astute, perceptive, intelligent, clever, smart.
- Stiff, clumsy, lumbering.
- Light-footed, nimble-footed, light on one’s feet, fleet-footed, quick-moving, nippy, zippy, twinkle-toed.
- Quick-thinking, quick-witted, nimble-witted, wide awake, quick off the mark, on the ball, quick on the uptake, whip-smart.
Old English nǣmel ‘quick to seize or comprehend’, related to niman ‘take’, of Germanic origin. The -b- was added for ease of pronunciation.
Use In Sentences:
- Her mind was so nimble and she was so quick to learn.
- With a deft motion of her nimble fingers.
- Jack be nimble,
Jack be quick,
Jack jump over the candlestick.
I hope you guys like this word and hope it’s useful to you in some or the other way! If you want to check out more words like this, then visit my page: