Word Of The Week (WOW #27)
Hi guys! Word Of the Week (WOW) is a weekly meme created by Heena Rathore P. (me.) It’s a fun way to improve one’s vocabulary by learning new words every week. If you want to participate then simply do a post with your WORD and leave the link to your post as a comment on one of my WOW post.
Here’s the WOW for this week :
Part Of Speech:
Verb and Noun
Yapper – noun
Verb: 1. Give a sharp, shrill bark.
2. Talk at length in an irritating manner.
Noun: 1. A sharp, shrill bark.
2. A person’s mouth.
1. Yelp, bark, woof.
2. Chatter, prattle, prate, gibber, babble, blather,
Early 17th century (denoting a dog that yaps): imitative.
Use In Sentences:
- The dachshund yapped at his heels.
- She sat in a coffee shop yapping with her friend.
- Her dog greeted her with excited yaps.
- He should keep his yap shut.
I hope you guys like this word and hope it’s useful to you in some or the other way! If you want to check out more words like this, then visit my page: